A lot of the time, one’s attractiveness is measured in feet. A good height is not just about standing tall but is also an added advantage to a person’s personality. Most studies suggest that height has to do with genes, but the way we eat, live, and think also affects our body and its growth too. Lifestyle plays as much a role in our development as genes like yoga poses to increase height!.
A myth that follows yoga is that it is for spiritual purposes and that is not true! People all over the world have made yoga a major part of their everyday life due to its benefits towards physical and mental health. One such benefit of this beautiful journey is that yoga increases height naturally.
If natural height growth is what you are after, look no further. Here are seven yoga poses to increase height, that is easy and effective:
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Also known as the ‘mother of asanas’, tadasana sets the tone for the other standing poses to follow and also acts as a transitional pose between them. Amongst its many benefits, people practice tadasana for height increase.
Tadasana involves stretching all body muscles from head to toe, helping posture pressure in the entire body. Through this pose, the spinal cord and limbs become stronger, hence making it one of the best yoga exercises for height increase.
How to do Tadasana:
- Stand in a comfortable yet erect position with your entire body aligned.
- Let your arms loosely hang by the sides, palms facing inwards and your feet slightly apart.
- While inhaling, raise both your arms towards the sky at the same time.
- Slowly and steadily, lift your heels off the floor and balance yourself on the toes. Stretch your body as far as you can, while keeping your arms and legs straight.
2. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
Just like its name suggests, Vrikhsana has a rooted stance like that of a tree. It is one of the most effective yoga poses to increase height. Vrikshasana requires a lot of concentration and focus to keep a steady balance. The stronger the muscles, the better chance you have at increasing height naturally.
How to do Vrikshasana:
- Stand with your feet together, and your hands by your side. Take deep and steady breaths.
- With your left leg grounded firmly, fold the other leg at your knees, to bring the sole of the right foot to the inner thigh of your left leg.
- Balance yourself on your left leg, and slowly raise both your arms over your head, breathing in. Make sure to join your palms together.
- Tilt your head to stretch the neck. Hold the posture for some time while breathing gently.
- Repeat with the other leg.
3. Hastapadasana (Hand-To-Foot Pose)
This yoga asana is usually practiced when the upper body is shorter than the lower body. Hastapadasana works on the entire body as it stretches the back, hamstrings, calves, and hips. This helps increase height naturally. This pose also reduces belly fat and improves blood flow to the brain.
How to do Hastapadasana:
- Stand tall and straight, with your feet together and hands by your side, balancing your weight on both feet.
- Breathe in and lift your arms in the upwards direction.
- Now exhale, and bend your upper body forward and down toward your feet.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and continue breathing deeply.
4. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Another best yoga exercise for height increase, Trikonasana helps to balance the body as well as add a few inches. It strengthens the arms, legs, and chest. It loosens the hips and stretches the calf muscles and the hamstrings. Trikonasana also helps improve the alignment of the spine.
How to do Trikonasana:
- Stand erect with your feet apart, hands by the side, and inhale deeply.
- Lift the arms out to the sides, palms facing down.
- Turn to your right side, right foot pointed to the right and left foot straight ahead. Bend rightwards. Touch your right foot to your right foot and extend your left arm upwards.
- Hold and stretch, then return to the original position.
5. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
This yoga asana to increase height requires a person to bend backward, resembling a chakra or a wheel. Chakrasana helps build strength and flexibility. It also elongates the spinal cord. It stretches the chest while strengthening the muscles of the sciatic area.
How to do Chakrasana:
- Start off by lying on your back, with your knees bent and heels touching the floor.
- Fold your arms from the elbows and place your palms under your shoulders.
- Breathe in and press your palms and heels to the ground, raising your shoulders and hips upwards.
- Raise your head off the floor and straighten your arms.
- Slowly lift up the legs and retain the pose for 30 seconds.
6. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
One of the best yoga poses to increase height is the sukhasana and just as its name suggests, is the most basic asana. It helps you take control of your breathing. It also aids in toning your back and hips, boosting your height.
How to do Sukhasana:
- Start by sitting erect with your legs extended.
- Bend in the left leg at the knee and tuck it under the right thigh.
- Bend the right leg inward and bring it underneath the left thigh.
- Place your hands on your knees and breathe normally.
7. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
One of the best yoga poses to increase height naturally is the bhujangasana. It strengthens the back and spine while regulating metabolism to reduce weight. It is also widely popular for increasing flexibility.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Stretch the upper body upward while keeping the lower back straight. Make sure your core is engaged and your shoulders are rolled back.
- Tilt the head back to activate the neck muscles.
- Hold this place for approximately 30 seconds.
Though these yoga poses can definitely help to increase height naturally, giving attention to the nutrition your body receives is necessary. Adapting yoga into your everyday life can do wonders for your body mentally, spiritually, and physically.